- I need more skilz than the basic "doggy paddle".
- Swimming is incredible cross training for runners!
- I think lessons would help me get over my fear of wearing a swim suit in public.
- I need one more legit reason for the Brazilian "down under" waxing I'm getting tomorrow morning. (What better way to do that than wearing a swim suit on a regular basis?)
- I would like to [eventually] participate in a triathlon, and swimming is sort of....required.
So, there you have it. My kookball reasons for wanting to take my basic swimming skills to the next level. I actually took lessons for several years as a child. I wasn't ever very good at it, but I like to think I could save my own life if I fell off a boat. I cannot seem to swim in a straight line. I hit the side of the pool wall, and never have a clue how I ended up there. I have a lot of work to do here.
We'll discuss the cycling part of the tri another day. Since it's running related, we should also chat about tomorrow's Brazilian waxing appointment after I recovered from the humiliation. Sigh. Oh, and for those of you unfortunate souls unfamiliar with the ever so classic Synchronized Swimmers skit from SNL, I leave you with a video snippet. I watched it the first time it aired, all those many years ago, and it still cracks me up to no end today.
Video not showing up for you? Click this link instead: